A great holiday dessert to try for this season, Pumpkin pie with speculoos spread. Follow recipe below:
- Pastry for a 10-inch deep dish pie shell
- 1/2 cup Speculoos Spread
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin in a can
- 1 (12 oz.) evaporated milk in a can
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Whipped Cream or Speculoos Spread sauce
- Heat oven to 425F.
- Prepare a 10-inch deep dish pie plate,flute edges attractively.
- Combine together Speculoos Spread, sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350F.
- Continue to bake 35 to 40 or until center is set.
- Cool on wire rack at least 2 hours before serving at room temperature or chilled with desired topping.
Whipped Cream: With a hand held mixer in a small bowl, whip together ¼ cup Speculoos Spread and ¼ cup whipping cream and set aside Refrigerate until serving time. Makes about 1¾ cups.Top each slice of pie with whipped cream and drizzle with warm Speculoos Spread sauce.